Throughout history, our military has sacrificed for a cause greater than self. Our freedom and liberty — and the American Dream. As a veteran, I get asked by site visitors if I can suggest what they can do to support our troops.
We have compiled a list, including those we actively support, of organizations you can check out to show our servicemen and women how much you care.
Foundations We Actively Support:
Each of these four foundations is helping our veterans who have fought valiantly and bravely in the Gulf War, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Enduring Freedom. $5 from each bracelet goes to these great organizations.
- Wounded Warrior Project and Paralyzed Veterans of America are two groups that are that we support with the purchase of our Support the Troops Charity Paracord Dog Tag Bracelet.
- We also support Operation Red Wings and Special Operations Warriors Foundation with our Red Friday & Operation Red Wings Charity Bracelet.
Other Organizations Making a Difference:
- USO (United Service Organizations) is a great resource. There are many opportunities within the USO to donate and volunteer. Although, the USO may be most often recognized for the concerts they provide worldwide for our service men and women, there is much more to their service offerings. Whether they are providing care packages to those deployed or supporting the families at home, the USO works hard to support our military families.
- Dogs on Deployment was founded in 2011 by a dual-military family. Their mission is “to give military members peace of mind concerning their pets during their service commitments by providing them with ability to find people and resources to help them.” One of the primary goals of Dogs on Deployment is to find long term boarding solutions for pets of military personnel facing deployment. With Dogs on Deployment our troops can have one less thing to worry about as they prepare for deployment.
- The American Red Cross provides many services to our troops. One vitally important service they provide is Emergency Communication Services. Through this service the American Red Cross relays urgent messages to our service men and women 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Donations to the American Red Cross help support this service as well as providing numerous other services for our troops and their families.
- Hero Box is a great organization because it provides custom care packages to our veterans. Each hero box is as unique as the veteran who receives it. You can sponsor a box, sponsor a hero, or sponsor an entire unit. Hero Box expanded it’s programs last year, to include programs for injured, aging, and homeless veterans.
The above organizations here are just a small representation of the many available to support our troops. Even $10 can make a difference.
Our troops make the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and liberty; why not take a moment to contact at least one of the above to show your appreciation for all they do?
Do me a favor and share this post to let others know how easy it is to say “Thank You!”.