This month marks the 14th annual Preparedness Month! Have your begun to think about being prepared for whatever lies ahead? If not, why not? Don’t worry, this post was created to make it easy for you to get started!
Did you know that even a minor blip in our food distribution chain can cause staples to become unavailable almost immediately? And all those important medical, health and day-to-day comfort items will be cleared off the shelves shortly thereafter.
So why not use this post as an excuse to get the basics in place by creating a plan! Discussions with with your family, neighbors and friends about how you can all support each other if the SHTF is just common sense.
First things first! You need to create emergency communication and travel plans so that everyone is on the same page and knows what to do. Here are few PDFs you can download to get that in place:
- Family Communication Plan for Parents
- Family Communications Plan for Kids
- Commuter Emergency Plan
- Prepping for Your Pets
- To Start Prepping Separate Needs from Wants
- A Basic Bug-out Bag Could Save Your Life
- Prepping Tips: Water is the Number One Priority!
- Prepping Done Right: Upgrade Your Food Storage Program With Five Essential Replacements
- Alternative Antibiotics to Have On-Hand When Prepping for a Long-Term Disaster
And let’s not forget Fido!
Then, after you get all that in place…
My Top 5 Preparedness Articles
If you just take the above into consideration, you’ll have a running start and know what to think about as you continue to build upon your plan and your preps. Believe me, one day you will be glad you did!
“Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.”
― Gen. George S. Patton
At *your* service,
P.S. Help spread the importance of being Prepared! Do me a favor and click on one of the buttons to the left and share this post!