Here is your 4th of July history refresher that you can share and pass on to those who look at the 4th as just a day to light off fireworks. Education and knowledge are key, considering the .gov school system has done an abysmal (intentional) job on the topic of our founding.
I don’t look at patriotic days on the calendar as an excuse for a BBQ like you. But, in most cases, these days are a time for reflection that can be teachable moments. Days where patriots can help, pass on the knowledge of our proud history to those who have not been exposed to the inspirational and hard-fought independence our ancestors attained on our behalf.
I’ve written quite a bit about our founding and Independence Day so that I won’t repeat myself. But, over the years, it appears I’ve created a 4th of July archive, so to speak. Covering history, our Military, and Old Glory.
Each year on the 4th of July, I will update this post and send it out as an annual reminder. Consider this a 4th of July go-to resource page reflecting the facts and history that should not be erased. Our history is the story of the greatest republic on this planet — to this day.
- July’s Important History: July not only marks the birthday of our independence but July 4th and July 14th commemorate American and French, that’s right French, Freedom Milestones in freedom and liberty.
- Founding Fathers and History — The Men Who Signed the Declaration of Independence: Get to know the men who pledged “our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor”…
- The Challenge: Our Constitution, Bill of Rights and Amendments: It is astounding how many citizens are not well versed on our Founding documents. PDF download “The United States Constitution w/Explanatory Notes”.
- Freedom and Liberty: 10 Amendments Give Us Both: Time for a Bill of Rights 101! It is 2016. In the course of daily life and in the news you see our 10 Amendments being diluted or ignored causing our Freedom and Liberty to be jeopardized.
- No Military — No July 4th: Our Military and the Declaration of Independence including a PDF download you can read on the 4th.
- Remembering on the 4th: A little reminder of those who fought for our independence and continue to do so to this day — and a great video too.
- Days to Raise the Flag
- Old Glory Flag Etiquette
A True Patriot and Leader: 54 Years Later…
Take the time, only 30 minutes out of your life, to watch this speech by Ronald Reagan in 1964. The parallels are stunning! This speech could apply to today — change the names. The more things change, the more they stay the same…
Words from the Wise
Here are a few of my favorite Founders quotes on the topic of Independence to further reflect the greatest of these men:
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Benjamin Franklin
Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people, who have a right?and a desire to know; but besides this, they have a right, an indisputable, unalienable, indefeasible, divine right to that most dreaded and envied kind of knowledge, I mean of the characters and conduct of their rulers.
~ John Adams
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
~ Thomas Jefferson
While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but once they lose their virtue, they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.
~ Samuel Adams
Educate and Expose Others to Our Proud History
I hope you will share and join me in helping to educate others. With sovereignty under attack across the globe, we should remind ourselves of the fragility of freedom and liberty. Add the fact we now have socialists winning elections and calling for no borders. Not in my America!
All you have to do is copy-n-paste this code into your Website:
<a href=”https://www.paracordpaul.com/patriots-guide-4th-of-july” target=”_blank”>Patriots Guide to the 4th of July</a>
Or use the buttons at the bottom of this page to share this post on your social media site of choice.
The 4th of July is also an opportunity to remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for what this great Country stands for. Stop by the Wall of Heroes and pay your respects.